[Pw_forum] Documentation on atomic velocities

Ilya Ryabinkin igryabinkin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 02:22:23 CET 2017

By the way, to resume an interrupted MD run you DON'T need
ATOMIC_VELOCITIES. They are useful only if you'd like to start (for
whatever reason) with a setup with non-zero *initial* velocities (like
I needed once).

The right way is to use restart_mode = 'restart' with all temporary
files available from the previous (interrupted) step.

The reason is simple: to restart Verlrt algorithm you need more than
initial velocities.

--
I.