[Pw_forum] __OPENMP flag in QE

Ye Luo xw111luoye at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 22:36:34 CET 2017

_OPENMP is defined in OpenMP standards which says every compiler supporting
pre-processing should have it.
No clue which compiler doesn't support pre-processing nowadays.
At least Intel, IBM XL, GNU all have _OPENMP.

I first noticed the missing __OPENMP issue shows up on 5.3 and 5.4,6.x all
have the same issue.
I reported it last year.
http://qe-forge.org/pipermail/q-e-developers/2016-September/001355.html

Probably during the phase the BGQ is deployed in CINECA, that is maintained
but not recently.

Best,
Ye

Ye Luo, Ph.D.