[Pw_forum] vc-relax restart from interrupted run

Louis Fry-Bouriaux ellf at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Mar 15 15:20:26 CET 2017

Hi there,

    I was running a vc-relax calculation which unfortunately was killed by parent process, however when it ended it dumped two files (prefix='run_00-opt'):

 - run_00-opt.bfgs

 - run_00-opt.update

It was 17 iterations through the second scf cycle with 'wf_collect = .true.', and all the k-points are available in 'run_00-opt.save', can these files above be used to recover the calculation in some way?

I edited my script to have 'restart_mode='restart'' but I get the following error in the file 'CRASH' (from ompi) and stdout:

task #         1
     from gk_sort : error #         1
     array gk out-of-bounds

for most tasks.

I also used startingwfc and pot from file, using a previously converged scf run, if I remove this I get the same errors as above..

Thank you for any help,

Louis,

PhD student, University of Leeds, IMP