[Pw_forum] Error in Turbo_lanczos.x to calculate the adsorption coefficiency

Timrov Iurii iurii.timrov at epfl.ch
Mon Mar 6 15:43:42 CET 2017

Dear Clarence,

When posting to pw_forum please do not forget to write your affiliation!

> As far as I know, the turboTDDFT is not extended to metals,

Yes, you are right.

> So we should use fixed occupation in the scf calculation, right?

Yes

> However, if I use fixed occupation in scf, the error is
> ' charge is wrong: smearing is needed  '. Because the system considered is odd electron.

Then you have to use smearing. I think there is no workaround with turboTDDFT for metals: one has to extend it to metals.

> What should I do to calculate the adsorption coefficiency of system with odd electrons.

aBsorption, not aDsorption

Probably you may try to use turboEELS, which is extended to metals. Namely, use very small q (but not exactly zero) and plot the imaginary part of the dielectric function.

HTH

Iurii

--
Dr. Iurii Timrov
Postdoctoral Researcher

As far as I know, the turboTDDFT is not extended to metals, So we should use fixed occupation in the scf calculation, right?

However, if I use fixed occupation in scf, the error is

' charge is wrong: smearing is needed  '. Because the system considered is odd electron.

What should I do to calculate the adsorption coefficiency of system with odd electrons.

Many thanks,

Clarence