[Pw_forum] How to calculate band structure of a doped system

Manu Hegde mhegde at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Jun 16 18:07:16 CEST 2017

Hello,
Replace a dopant atom in your unit cell or super cell (depending on how
much % you want).
You may have to do many trail to get preferred site ( I am not sure what
kind of material you are looking into) with minimum energy. (hope that is
what you meant energy minimization).
If you want to calculate formation energy and so on. there is a nice
tutorial slides by Paolo (google it).

HTH

Manu
(University of Waterloo)