[Pw_forum] "Centering" Requirement of ESM

大谷実 minoru.otani at aist.go.jp
Sat Jul 29 00:41:25 CEST 2017

Dear Robert,

Besides Lorenzo’s message, I can add one more thing. ESM does not require symmetry along z-axis, so you do not need to put an additional adsorbate molecule on the bottom.

Also requires symmetry checking to be
     disabled along z, either by setting nosym<http://www.quantum-espresso.org/wp-content/uploads/Doc/INPUT_PW.html#nosym> = .TRUE.
     or by very slight displacement (i.e., 5e-4 a.u.)
     of the slab along z.

Best regard,
Minoru
Minoru Otani
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology
Research Centre for Computational Design of Advanced Functional Materials
email : minoru.otani at aist.go.jp<mailto:minoru.otani at aist.go.jp>