[Pw_forum] Alternative to Xcrysden

Matic Poberžnik matic.poberznik at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 19:07:55 CEST 2017

Dear Rajesh,

I just installed it on my system and it seems to work (Windows 7 but I
think there shouldn't be much difference):

First I installed the dependencies:

apt-cyg install libGL1 libGLU1  xorg-server  bash bc coreutils  gawk  grep
gzip  ImageMagick  less libgfortran3 xterm

(libgfortran3 is needed to avoid some errors)
Then I started x by typing (I get similar messages than you but they
shouldn't be anything to worry about):

XWin :0 -clipboard -multiwindow &
xterm &

This started the xterm, from which I was then able to run from the top
install directory xcrysden (~/xcrysden-1.5.60-bin-shared/).

./xcrysden

So in the end I am unable to reproduce your problem, could you try these
steps and let me know how it goes?

Best Regards,

Matic Poberznik
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia