[Pw_forum] Alternative to Xcrysden

Rajesh creativeidleminds at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 14:39:09 CEST 2017

Dear Matic,
Thank you for your guidance. I followed your steps and installed
everything. But now when I run the file I get
$ ./xcrysden

|*****************************************************************|
|*                                                               *|
|*  XCrySDen -- (X-Window) CRYstalline Structures and DENsities  *|
|*               =         ===         =              ===        *|
|*---------------------------------------------------------------*|
|*                                                               *|
|*    Anton Kokalj (tone.kokalj at ijs.si)                          *|
|*    Jozef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia                *|
|*                                                               *|
|*    Copyright (c) 1996--2014 by Anton Kokalj                   *|
|*                                                               *|
|*****************************************************************|

  Version: 1.5.60

  Please report bugs to: tone.kokalj at ijs.si

  TERMS OF USE:
  XCRYSDEN is released under the GNU General Public License.

  Whenever graphics generated by XCRYSDEN are used in scientific
  publications, it shall be greatly appreciated to include an explicit
  reference. The preferred form is the following:

  [ref] A. Kokalj, J. Mol. Graph. Model., Vol. 17, pp. 176-179, 1999.
        Code available from http://www.xcrysden.org/.

XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR=/cygdrive/c/xcrysden
XCRYSDEN_SCRATCH=/tmp

But dont get any xcrysden window.