[Pw_forum] Alternative to Xcrysden

Matic Poberznik matic.poberznik at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 13:07:16 CEST 2017

Dear Rajesh

> Dear Users
> Is there any alternative to xcrysden program to open pw input files?
> Since xcrysden is not working on my windows 8.1 pc. If any can suggest
> some other program name , please.

xcrysden should work on windows within the cygwin environment
(https://www.cygwin.com/) as well. The installation is a bit tedious,
but it works. If you decide to proceed you can download the cygwin
binary from here:

http://www.xcrysden.org/Download.html (version 1.5.60)

When you exctract it you should find a list of packages required in the
README file. The easiest way is i think by using the apt-cyg utility.

If you encounter any issues please write to the xcrysden mailing list
(http://www.democritos.it/mailman/listinfo/xcrysden),

hope this helps,

Best Regards
Matic
--
Matic Poberznik
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia