[Pw_forum] Simulation Stops in the middle without any error.

Lorenzo Paulatto lorenzo.paulatto at impmc.upmc.fr
Wed Jul 19 16:59:38 CEST 2017

Using a remote desktop is not the best way to run any simulation, if there
is a network problem your simulation gets interrupted. You've better talk
to some it expert in your institution (I'm sure there is one), or at the
very least, use nohup

kind regards

Mail
priva di virus. www.avast.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On 18 July 2017 at 12:13, Rajesh <creativeidleminds at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear QE users
> I am new to quantum espresso. I am facing a problem. My simulations get
> stopped in the middle without any error. What can be the possible reason? I
> am running these simulations by accessing remote desktop.
>
> Please have a look at my terminal.
>
> *user at user:~/qe-6.1/BN_STW$ mpirun -np 35 pw.x <B60.pw.in
> <http://B60.pw.in>> B60.pw.out*
> *user at user:~/qe-6.1/BN_STW$ *
>
> The terminal bypasses the script and goes to "user at user:~/qe-6.1/BN_STW$
> ".
>
> Is this a bug? My simulations rarely get completed.
>

> Thank you.
>

> Sincerely,
>
> Rajesh

Dr. Lorenzo Paulatto
IdR @ IMPMC -- CNRS & Université Paris 6
phone: +33 (0)1 442 79822 / skype: paulatz
www:   http://www-int.impmc.upmc.fr/~paulatto/
mail:  23-24/421 Boîte courrier 115, 4 place Jussieu 75252 Paris CX 05