[Pw_forum] GIPAW acceleration

Yasser Fowad AlWahedi yaalwahedi at pi.ac.ae
Sun Jul 16 12:06:48 CEST 2017

Thanks Davide,

I am running using the smearing option since the system is metallic.

I also noticed an interesting relation. GIPAW runs succeed if  number of cores (np) <= number of k points/npool. I checked this in the 38 atom case which kept failing whenever I chose a number of processors higher than the number of kpoints per pool. Although the SCF runs was finishing successfully all the time. This was also observed in other cases. Is this a general rule?

I will send you the files privately.

Yasser