[Pw_forum] Optical properties and quasiparticle energy calculation

Kanak Datta kanak at umich.edu
Wed Feb 8 18:52:26 CET 2017

Dear researchers

As a part of my research, I need to calculate the optical absorption
spectrum and quasiparticle energy characteristics of monolayer and
multilayer Transition Metal Dichalcogenide materials. I have seen
literature referring to Berkeley GW package that can be integrated with
Quantum Espresso for quasiparticle calculation. Are there other packages
that can be used for this task?

I know this post isn't completely in line with Quantum Espresso and it's
feature, so I beg your pardon for any inconvenience.

Thanks

Kanak Datta
Graduate Student
Electrical  Engineering and Computer Science
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor