[Pw_forum] Re : Learning TDDFT calculation in Atomic label (CH4 molecule) using turbo_lanczos.x and turbo_davidson.x

Ari P Seitsonen Ari.P.Seitsonen at iki.fi
Wed Feb 1 12:49:32 CET 2017

Hello Prem Sen et alia,

   Just a tiny note: If I remember correctly, C_2 has a level crossing
(very?) close to the minimum distance. So one might need to be careful to
choose the "correct" electronic ground state; I found this:

[doi: 10.1063/1.3624383]

"A particularly challenging example of this is the dissociation of the
carbon dimer, where due to its multiple bond and significant
multireference character even at equilibrium geometries, many methods
struggle.3

   So Kohn-Sham method (the usual, single-determinant variant) might not be
very accurate - it depends on which level of accuracy you need.

     Good Luck, :)

        apsi

   Ari Paavo Seitsonen / Ari.P.Seitsonen at iki.fi / http://www.iki.fi/~apsi/
     Ecole Normale Supérieure (ENS), Département de Chimie, Paris
     Mobile (F) : +33 789 37 24 25    (CH) : +41 79 71 90 935