[Pw_forum] Phonon parallel processing

Rajdeep Banerjee rajdeep.jzs at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 15:04:16 CEST 2017

Dear all,
         I am currently performing phonon calculation of 2D materal (10
atoms per unit cell) with QE  using dense q-point (6*6*1) mesh. The problem
is I cannot run these calculations with large no. of processors (right now
I am running on 32 processors and it is taking a lot of time), as then the
code complains that it cannot divide the wave function in so many
processors. I was wondering if one can parallelise on the basis of q-points
or by no. of irreducible representations. I would really appreciate any
suggestion in this regard. Thanks in advance.

best regards,
--
Rajdeep Banerjee
PhD student