[Pw_forum] How to get the usual ~2.4 eV band gap of ZnO with HSE06?

Tan Hengxin tanhx90 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 16:37:07 CEST 2017

Dear Nicola,

All the pseudopotentials are come from the pslibrary.0.3.1.
The ones that give ~2.1 eV are pz-lda, and the ones that give ~1.8 eV are
pbe.
In my calculations, the ecutoff is just 60 Ry.

Your suggestions are great. I will try pseudopotentials from SG15_oncv to
see if I can get what I want.

Thank you.
Regards,
Hengxin