[Pw_forum] Installing Quantum ESPRESSO on Windows

Wilbert James Futalan wilbert.james.futalan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 13:49:25 CEST 2017

Hi all!

I understand that installing Quantum ESPRESSO on Windows has its cons, but
I would like to know if it's possible to install v. 6.0 in Windows.

For the time being, I decided to install 5.3.0 because it's the latest
version with the Windows .exe installer. I also tried to install MPICH so I
can use multiple cores; unfortunately, its latest versions are in .tar.gz
format. I want to avoid installing v. 1.4 of MPICH (
http://www.mpich.org/static/downloads/1.4.1p1/) . I have come up with two
possible solutions, but I do not know how to implement any of them:

a) convert .tar.gz to .msi format.
b) use Microsoft MPI v8 (
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54607). I suppose
that the syntax would not be
mpiexec -localonly # pw... but something else.

Can anyone advise me what to do?

Thank you.
--
Jim F.