[Pw_forum] relax vs multiple SCF calculations inconsistency

sarashs sarashs at ece.ubc.ca
Thu Apr 20 06:13:01 CEST 2017

Ok That does make sense!
Also, today I performed the same calculations with Gaussian 09 and
3G-STO basis and found the same weird landscape and very close local
minima/energies which further confirms what you just said. So based on
that, my system has a loose ZrOSi angle and the energy changes become
visible only when I make the angle very tight...

Thanks for your help.

Arash