[Pw_forum] Bug in QE 6.1 find_mode_sym

Lorenzo Paulatto lorenzo.paulatto at impmc.upmc.fr
Wed Apr 12 15:21:39 CEST 2017

On Wednesday, 12 April 2017 15:10:00 CEST Mark Filipiak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed QE 6.1 with d3q using
>
> make all d3q
>
> Running the Silicon example from d3q (qe-6.1/D3Q/Examples/Silicon) fails in
> ph.x with a double free error or segmentation violation error (depending on
> the compiler).  The run used 4 MPI processes.  The runs failed on

Thank you for reporting Mark,
however, notice that in the developement version of the code I have already
switched the "obsolete" find_mod_sym with a different procedure that rotates the
patterns instead of recomputing them, and incidentally does not trigger this
bug.

I'm attaching a copy of the file, in case you want to test it.

cheers

--
Dr. Lorenzo Paulatto
IdR @ IMPMC -- CNRS & Université Paris 6