[Pw_forum] Lower limit of target pressure

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 09:58:14 CEST 2016

You already solved the "issue":  the variable-cell optimization is done
with the plane-wave basis set for the starting cell, while the last step is
done with the plane-wave basis set for the final cell. The two differ by a
little bit (unless the cutoff is so high to guarantee perfect convergence
in both cases). Search for "Pulay stress"in the literature.

Paolo