[Pw_forum] testing HSE for BCC Fe

dario rocca roccad at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 12:31:19 CEST 2016

Ciao Nicola,
I agree that 'time-to-accurate-solution' is the goal. However, when you
have a variable as in Vasp

PRECFOCK= Low | Medium | Fast | Normal | Accurate

that allows you to do a HF calculation in 10 hours if PREFOCK=Low and in an
infinite time if PREFOCK=Accurate, I see the time saving part but the
accuracy can be hardly tested. And it makes also hard to do a comparison of
performance and results with other codes.

Best,

Dario