[Pw_forum] testing HSE for BCC Fe

dario rocca roccad at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 11:37:57 CEST 2016

Dear Daniel

I said "surprisingly" huge because I compared to the VASP code with the
> same parameters (Ecutoff, NKpoints, Nq) and with the HSE functional.
> Indeed, with the VASP code during one night on my computer I got a few tens
> of iterations compared to one with QE :(.

With exactly the same parameters the computational time (on one processor)
should be comparable. There are two important points you should consider to
make a comparison:
-Different type of methodology: Using EXX with Ultrasoft pseudopotentials a
very large number of augmentation charges are computed. As already
suggested setting tqr=.true. should solve this problem.
-If you changed the default values of some variables such as Precfock or
Nkred in Vasp the computational parameters are not anymore the same in Vasp
and QE.
Best,
Dario