[Pw_forum] Conversion of alat to bhor of CELL_PARAMETERS

Andrew Supka supka1ar at cmich.edu
Sat Sep 3 10:44:33 CEST 2016

Dear Ghadiyali Mohammed Kader,

alat is what you have defined as either the parameter A or the parameter
celldm(1) under the &system namelist. celldm(1) is in bohr and A is in
angstrom.

If you have celldm(1):

multiply the entries in CELL_PARAMETERS by celldm(1)
remove the parameter celldm(1) from the &system namelist
And do CELL_PARAMETERS {bohr}

If you have A:

multiply the entries in CELL_PARAMETERS by  A*1.889725989
remove the parameter A from the &system namelist
And do CELL_PARAMETERS {bohr}

If you have neither celldm(1) or A in your &system namelist then the units
for CELL_PARAMETERS are assumed to be in bohr so then you just do:
CELL_PARAMETERS {bohr}

Andrew Supka
PhD Student - Science of Advanced Materials
Central Michigan University