[Pw_forum] LSDA calculation with Hybrid functional

Lorenzo Paulatto lorenzo.paulatto at impmc.upmc.fr
Fri Oct 28 16:47:26 CEST 2016

Hi Rita,
my guess is that the calculation is just much slower than you expect! Exact
exchange is slow in general.

Try to do a test run with:
- only one k-point
- a much lower cutoff

This will give you an idea of the time it will take to reach convergence, than
you can start to crank it up.

Note that the time should increase with cutoff to power 3/2 and with the square
of the number of k-points !

You may also want to set nqx1, nqx2, nqx3 to a divisor of the number of k-
points in the three directions (no luck with 7, I'm afraid!) which reduces the
exchange integral to a subset of the k-points, at the expenses of some
accuracy

cheers