[Pw_forum] Unit-cell and Super-cell bandgap difference

dario rocca roccad at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 12:29:09 CET 2016

Dear Vipul,
There could be two main explanations for your results:
-A problem with the k-points you use  to compute the bandstrucure: the grid
for the cell and supercell must be consistent
-An error in the supercell. Try comparing total energies: does the
supercell have 8 times the total energy of the cell?
Best,
Dario Rocca