[Pw_forum] Xcrysden

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Thu Nov 17 12:51:08 CET 2016

On Thu, 2016-11-17 at 15:47 +0530, Uttam Paliwal wrote:
> Kindly forget previous mail
> Now it is active but when i click
> " structure with xcrysden" then following error message displayed
> Exec couldn't find xcrysden : no such file or directory

According to this error it seems that you do not have xcrysden on the
PATH and in addition that you have XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR variable defined,
but pointing to a wrong directory (perhaps to an old no-more-existing
version of xcrysden). Try this:

unset XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR
pwgui

Is now the "View-->Structure with XCrySDen" menu active? If not then
the above is very likely the problem.

Best regards, Tone
--
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
(tel: +386-1-477-3523 // fax: +386-1-251-9385)