[Pw_forum] Question on scaling of Quantum Espresso

Pablo García Risueño garcia.risueno at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 10:50:10 CET 2016

Dear members of the Espresso community

I would like to know how the total execution time of Quantum Espresso (pw.x
and ph.x) scales with the different parameters of the system, like number
of electrons, size of the box, ecutwfc, etc. It would be very useful for me
to know in which parameters the scaling is linear, quadratic or cubic. Of
course I can do tests on my own, but they would be just partly reliable due
to Amdahl's issues.

Thank you very much for your help. Best regards.

Dr. Pablo García Risueño

Institut für Physikalische Chemie, Universität Hamburg, Grindelallee 117,
20146 Hamburg

Tel. +49 040 42 83 84 82 7