[Pw_forum] How to reduce I/O in phonon calculation?

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Wed May 25 09:22:58 CEST 2016

Hi

the only way to reduce I/O in the phonon code is to locate the places where
I/O is done, figure out why and how it can be reduced. This is going to be
done sooner or later but it requires a significant effort. In any event,
the reduction of I/O will lead to an increase of RAM memory requirements.

Paolo

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 3:14 AM, Yue-Wen Fang <yuewen.fang at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> As known to all, phonon calculation generate amounts of data and requires
> well-built I/O, my question is are there some effective methods implemented
> in the latest versions to reduce the amount of I/O by ph.x?
>
> BTW, although there is a tag "reduce_io" in ph.x, Prof. Paolo has ever
> said in the mail-list that it only affected the first step in scf
> calculation several years ago.
>

> Bests
> Fang

> Yue-Wen FANG, PhD student
> East China Normal University <http://english.ecnu.edu.cn/>, China
> Japan Fine Ceramics Center, Japan

Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222