[Pw_forum] Hartree-Fock in quantum espresso

dario rocca roccad at gmail.com
Wed May 11 10:13:44 CEST 2016

Dear Stefano,
The HF calculation is just a normal self-consistent HF calculation like in
"quantum chemical" codes. HF is done "in the same way as a hybrid
functional" because HF is a hybrid functional with 100% of exchange and 0%
of other exchange-correlation contributions. In general HF will converge
more slowly then PBE0 or B3LYP.
I would pay attention to the fact that:
-No HF pseudopotentials are available on the QE library. So you will need
to test the effect of the pseudopotentials
-Since there is a q-->0 limit to be evaluated I would test carefully
convergence with respect to k-points (solids) or cell size (molecules). In
general convergence is good but not necessarily the same as in the PBE/LDA
case
Best,
Dario