[Pw_forum] Allocation would exceed memory limit

Mofrad, Amir Mehdi (MU-Student) amzf5 at mail.missouri.edu
Thu Mar 31 18:25:12 CEST 2016

Dear all QE users and developers,

I am trying to do a vc-relax simulation on a certain type of zeolite (EMT). However, I keep getting the following error at the end of my output file (where the simulation has stopped/killed):

Operating system error: Cannot allocate memory
Allocation would exceed memory limit

The problem is that I have been doing the same simulation on other types of zeolites (which have lower numbers of atoms per unit cell) and never got that error. Attached you will find my input file in case you might take a look at.

Any help would be thoroughly appreciated.

Best,

Amir M. Mofrad

University of Missouri