[Pw_forum] xmgrace installation problem

Vijay Khanal vj.khanal20 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 05:49:40 CET 2016

Dear everyone,

I am a novice user of Quantum Espresso. I have been facing the following
issue since the day I had tried to visualize the bandstructure of Silicon.

I was trying to install xmgrace in my mac OSX Yosemite(10.10.5). Following
the installation steps, looks like the dependency(MOTIF) is not installed.
I tired installing it from
http://www.ist-inc.com/motif/download/motif_files/openmotif-compat-2.1.32_IST.macosx10.5.dmg,
it actually is installed; but then when I get back to xmgrace installation,
it says "configure: error: M*tif has not been found". I tried with its
source too (
http://www.ist-inc.com/motif/download/motif_files/openmotif-2.1.32_IST.source.tar.gz),
but couldn't do it. Please let me know how I can get rid of this issue.

If there exists any easier alternative to xmgrace, that would be even
better.

Thank you so much for your time!

Sincerely,
Vijay Khanal