[Pw_forum] Error in routine scale_h (1)

Vishal Gupta vishal.gupta at iitrpr.ac.in
Wed Mar 16 12:15:12 CET 2016

Hi all,
I was running a vc_relax calculation until it got aborted due to the
following error :-
* Not enough space allocated for radial FFT: try restarting with a larger
cell_factor.*
I found on the QE website that this error is encountered when the cell
expands too much. But in my job the cell volume is decreasing with every
iteration. I wanted to know how to choose the value of cell_factor and how
does its value affects the computational effort(if it does). Should I
decrease the cell_factor instead of increasing it or should I (as
suggested) start off with a larger cell ?
Thank You.

Regards,
Vishal Gupta

B.Tech. 3rd year Mechanical