[Pw_forum] Ultrasoft or Norm conserinvg PP for Ce

stefano fabris fabris at democritos.it
Tue Mar 8 09:22:02 CET 2016

Dear Mostafa,

you may have a look at the one in attachment (PBE) and decide whether it is reasonably performing for your system. We have used it for Ce oxides obtaining results for structural properties, relative energetics and dynamics that are in line with the current literature, comparable to those obtained with pseudo potentials available in other packages (i.e. VASP, CP2K, …). As you certainly know, Ce-based systems may be tricky ...

All the best,
	Stefano

On 08 Mar 2016, at 08:39, Mostafa Youssef <myoussef at mit.edu> wrote:

> Dear all,
>

> I wonder if there is a reasonably performing Ce PP,  US or NC , with 12 valence electrons and  non-linear core correction.
>

> Thank you,
> Mostafa
> MIT

---