[Pw_forum] Orbital weight for bandstructure calculation in quantum espresso

Guido Fratesi fratesi at mater.unimib.it
Tue Mar 8 12:12:22 CET 2016

Dear Liming,

yes you can. See PP/examples/examples02 where this is done for bulk Ni.
Just have a band structure calculation than a projwfc.x run with
kresolveddos=.true.

Depending on the further graphical processing, you may want to plot the
PDOS_nlm(k,E) as a color map, or extract the weight of the states you
want to plot from the output of projwfc.x, or check the
prefix.save/atomic_proj.xml file.

Hope this helps
Guido

--