[Pw_forum] noncolin variable for scalar relativistic pseudopotentials

BARRETEAU Cyrille cyrille.barreteau at cea.fr
Fri Mar 4 09:49:29 CET 2016

You can use noncolin=true in two cases:

- If you expect that the magnetic configuration of your system is non collinear. In that case you don't need to have a relativistic pseudo. This situation can occur when you have magnetic frustration in your system.

- when you want to include spin-orbit coupling and look at quantities like the magnetic anisotropy.
In that case your need a relativistic pseudo.

But if you want to do standard collinear spin polarized calculation just use noncolin=false (default value)

Cyrille

========================
Cyrille Barreteau
CEA Saclay, IRAMIS, SPEC Bat. 771
91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, FRANCE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DTU Nanotech
Ørsteds Plads, building 345E
DK-2800 Kgs. Lyngby,  DENMARK
+33 1 69 08 29 51 /+33  6 47 53 66 52  (mobile)   (Fr)
+45    45 25 63 12/ +45     28 72 55 18  (mobile)  (Dk)
email:     cyrille.barreteau at cea.fr  /cyrbar at nanotech.dtu.dk
Web:     http://iramis.cea.fr/Pisp/cyrille.barreteau/