[Pw_forum] Band Offsets too large

Dae Kwang Jun jdaekwang at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 15:38:55 CEST 2016

Dear Mostafa Youssef,

Thank you for your reply. I am not sure whether I understand what it is
meant by "where EVBM_AlAs is referred to bulk V_AlAs and EVBM_GaAs is
referred to bulk V_GaAs."
I am assuming that the complete formula is either

(1)
EVBM_offset = (EVBM_AlAs - bulk V_AlAs) - (EVMB_GaAs - bulk V_GaAs) +
del_V_interface_AlAs/GaAs

or

(2)
EVBM_offset = (EVBM_AlAs + bulk V_AlAs) - (EVMB_GaAs + bulk V_GaAs) +
del_V_interface_AlAs/GaAs

Also, I am assuming that bulk V_AlAs and bulk V_GaAs are obtained in the
same way as it is for the electrostatic potential for the interface and
that their values are positive. Could you elaborate?

Sincerely,

Dae Kwang Jun