[Pw_forum] QE in Parallel error

Mohammad Raihan Miah mraihanm at eng.ucsd.edu
Tue Jun 21 00:19:26 CEST 2016

Hi all,

I am doing simulation on Quantum Espresso 5.3.0. During parallel
computation I got the following error in my output file.

Primary job  terminated normally, but 1 process returned
a non-zero exit code.. Per user-direction, the job has been aborted.
mpirun detected that one or more processes exited with non-zero status,
thus causing
the job to be terminated. The first process to do so was:

  Process name: [[13624,1],2]
  Exit code:    28

I am using mpirun to do the parallel simulation. But I got np number of
simulation (np is the number of processor I am using) though I use nk and
other parameters.

I got the following line in my output too for np times.

Serial multi-threaded version, running on    1 processor cores

Also in the error file I got the following errors:

forrtl; no such file or directory
forrtl severe (28) close error
forrtl severe (78) Sigterm kill error

Could anyone help me in this regard?