[Pw_forum] Unable to Successfully Install Parallel Version of QE on Windows

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 04:47:20 CEST 2016

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 10:32 PM, Suchit <such.engr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I would like to get parallel version of the QE code working on Windows. I
> first installed MPICH2 and integrated it into my system by following the
> instructions in the document "QE-on-Windows.pdf," available in the QE
> download page among the QE-5.3.0 related files. After installing MPICH2, I
> installed "qe-5.3.0-64bit-mpich2.exe." Despite following the instructions in
> the mentioned PDF file, it seems the QE installer is unable to detect the
> presence of a parallel environment and only downloads the serial version of
> the code. I just wanted to check if other researchers have successfully
> installed the parallel version of QE for Windows and whether you could share
> tips for successfully installing it?

the installer doesn't download anything and it doesn't try to detect
anything. the parallel version simply will not work without the mpich
package installed.
how did you determine that the version you have installed is the serial version?

axel.

Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey at gmail.com  http://goo.gl/1wk0