[Pw_forum] SUPERCELL ERROR: NTYPE TOO LARGE, INCREASE NSX

tyler Salners tsalners at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 26 23:54:30 CEST 2016

Hello all,
As the title states I'm having trouble with an error with the routine "system_checkin (11)".
I'm trying to run a calculation with 96 atoms in a supercell, 8 of which need to be separate osmium's (I need to run a spin polarized calculation with different magnetic configurations, and therefore must have 8 separate osmium's, which will configured with starting_magnetization). This means I have ntyp = 11 in my input file.
When I try to run the calculation I get the error :
Error in routine system_checkin (11)ntyp too large, increase NSX
I have looked on the forum for similar errors, and read through the input_parameters module, but have not had any luck in finding this NSX parameter.
Any way you guys could help me out?
Thanks Much!
Tyler Salners