[Pw_forum] Error compiling QE-GPU

Filippo Spiga filippo.spiga at quantum-espresso.org
Mon Jul 11 15:46:44 CEST 2016

Hello Máximo,

the problem you experienced with MKL is not related to QE-GPU. As quick workaround, if you remove "-D__DFTI" and add "-D__FFTW" you will be able to compile without problem and possibly run.

I need to warn you, if your GPU is a NVIDIA GF110GL then you will achieve zero speed-up (maybe a potential slow down!). QE-GPU is design to run on NVIDIA TESLA products (K20, K40, K80 and future P100 Pascal generation). Gaming GPU or laptop GPU are not officially supported.

HTH

--
Filippo SPIGA
* Sent from my iPhone, sorry for typos *