[Pw_forum] ISSUES WITH BANDS CALCULATION

omamuyovwiakemu at yahoo.com omamuyovwiakemu at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 18 12:19:30 CET 2016

Dear QE users,

Pls I encountered a challenge while trying to plot the band structure for a binary alloy.
I realize after using plotband.x interactively that the conduction bands(top bands) were not present on the
plot. I increased the range but all no avail. I also discovered that conduction bands isn't available on the band file as expected. It's been impossible to get the band gap ( the difference between the valence and conduction bands).

Pls I will sincerely appreciate any comment on what to do to fix this problem.
Thank you.

Jolayemi Omamuyovwi Rita(Mrs)
Research Student
Department of Physics