[Pw_forum] Phonon_Calculations_Error

Ari P Seitsonen Ari.P.Seitsonen at iki.fi
Fri Jan 15 21:10:01 CET 2016

Dear Amir,

   Well, 'ph.x' did not crash, let us put it that way: I stopped because of
the time limit. The only chance I see is to either increase the time
limit, to do several restarts (but your job hardly made it anywhere and
you have 88 representations to be done - it would take a looooong time)
with the option '' or to go to a bigger machine/run on more cores.

   About the redirection, I just thought about directing it to the same
file because the message coming from the MPI is at the beginning of the
file and only then comes the real output from the job. It depends on how
you run the job: Via a queueing system, directly from the command line
etc. If from the command line, then the splitting - on a Bash shell - is
done like

#> mpirun -np 4 <path-to-ph.x> -in LTA.Ph.in > LTA.Ph.out 2> LTA.Ph.err &

     Greetings from Montrouge,

        apsi

   Ari Paavo Seitsonen / Ari.P.Seitsonen at iki.fi / http://www.iki.fi/~apsi/
   Ecole Normale Supérieure (ENS), Département de Chimie, Paris
   Mobile (F) : +33 789 37 24 25    (CH) : +41 79 71 90 935