[Pw_forum] parallelization problem 3d plotting pp.x

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 22:10:01 CET 2016

Which version of the code? I remember a limitation to parallel execution of
pp.x in some cases (those requiring to perform FFT: the calculation could
be done only in two steps, first by saving the required quantity to file
and then by plotting it) but since I don't see any longer any reference to
it, I guess it is no longer present

PAolo

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 12:11 PM, Aldo Ugolotti <a.ugolotti at campus.unimib.it
> wrote:

> Dear all,
> I have an issue when I try to generate a 3d .xsf output file with custom
> grid, say "output_format = 3". Running pp.x with the parallel environment
> it gets stuck at some point and i get no output. Please notice that without
> parallel environment the code is working well, but I wanted to ask your
> opinions to know if there is a way to solve this and speed up the
> calculation.
>
> Regards,
>
> Aldo Ugolotti
> Master thesis student
> University of Milano-Bicocca

Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222