[Pw_forum] Running in Parallel

Mofrad, Amir Mehdi (MU-Student) amzf5 at mail.missouri.edu
Thu Feb 11 20:21:03 CET 2016

Dear all QE users and developers,

I want to run Quantum Espresso on a cluster using SLURM. My problem is that whenever I request for one node in my batch file and say 24 processors, on my output file I can see it says that it has run on 24 processors. However, when I request for more than one node (say 10 nodes) and this time 12 processors (which would be 120 processors overall), on my output file it shows 12 processors but not 120 processors.

I was wondering if anyone has worked with SLURM and would help me what the problem is.

Best,

Amir M. Mofrad