[Pw_forum] vdW-DFT calculations

Piyush Kumar piyushkr1990 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 07:04:25 CET 2016

Dear Adnan,
You can simply use vdw_corr = 'DFT-D' in &system in your input file. Most
of the time default parameters (e.g.london_s6 etc.) will suffice. It should
work with both norm conserving and ultra soft pseudo-potentials.
If it does not give desired results you can also use non local van der
Waals functionals like optB88-vdw etc, by specifying it in input_dft
option. The keywords for a particular xc functional can be looked in
Modules/funct.f90 file in your espresso installation directory. But for
this you need to generate a vdW_kernal_table, which can be generated using
'generate_vdW_kernel_table.x'.

With Regards,
Piyush Kumar
IIT Kanpur,