[Pw_forum] Compilation with intel compiler and MKL.

joaquin peralta jperaltac at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 16:40:22 CET 2016

Dear Youssef,

I did the compilation as you indicated, however my QE-run frozen with more
than one CPU. I have the intel parallel studio 2016 and the impi 5.1. After
compile I did :

mpirun -np 1 /path/to/pw.x -input scf.in     <-This run perfectly

However :

mpirun -np 2 /path/to/pw,x -input scf.in      <- Doesn't work!!!, It frozen
in "Reading input from scf.in"

Do you have any suggestion or hint about what could be the reason because
is not working?

I have all the exports from intel-suite in my bashrc :
source /opt/intel/bin/compilervars.sh intel64
source /opt/intel/mkl/bin/mklvars.sh intel64
source /opt/intel/impi/5.1.2.150/bin64/mpivars.sh

And I also set my stack size to unlimited in the kernel settings.

Is there a code issue? Or is the intel mpi?

Thanks in advance,
Joaquin Peralta
Assitant Professor,
Faculty of Physics,