[Pw_forum] ?propagation direction of LO-TO splitting for dynmat.in file phonon calculation

Pietro Delugas pdelugas at sissa.it
Mon Dec 26 11:06:10 CET 2016

Dear Wei

LO modes should be computed along the direction of the dipoles of
InfraRed (IR)  active modes.

Anatase is tetragonal, mode dipoles can be either parallel to the axial
direction or perpendicular to that, in this latter case the relative
mode has to be  doubly degenerate, and thus any direction perpendicular
to the axis is OK.

The only important thing is the direction, the module of the q vector
has no influence on the result.

greetings Pietro