[Pw_forum] Installation error in EPW with QE-6.0-Beta version

Filippo SPIGA filippo.spiga at quantum-espresso.org
Mon Aug 29 12:43:46 CEST 2016

Hello Kondaiah,

if you type "make" it tells you what you can build

* * * * * *     THIS IS A BETA RELEASE     * * * * * *

to install Quantum ESPRESSO, type at the shell prompt:
  ./configure [--prefix=]
  make [-j] target

where target identifies one or multiple CORE PACKAGES:
  pw           basic code for scf, structure optimization, MD
  ph           phonon code, Gamma-only and third-order derivatives
  pwcond       ballistic conductance
  neb          code for Nudged Elastic Band method
  pp           postprocessing programs
  pwall        same as "make pw ph pp pwcond neb"
  cp           CP code: CP MD with ultrasoft pseudopotentials
  tddfpt       time dependent dft code
  gwl          GW with Lanczos chains
  ld1          utilities for pseudopotential generation
  upf          utilities for pseudopotential conversion
  xspectra     X-ray core-hole spectroscopy calculations
  couple       Library interface for coupling to external codes
  gui          Graphical User Interface
  test-suite   Run semi-automated test-suite for regression testing
  all          same as "make pwall cp ld1 upf tddfpt"

where target is one of the following suite operation:
  doc          build documentation
  links        create links to all executables in bin/
  tar          create a tarball of the source tree
  tar-gui      create a standalone PWgui tarball from the GUI sources
  tar-qe-modes create a tarball for QE-modes (Emacs major modes for Quantum ESPRESSO)
  clean        remove executables and objects
  veryclean    remove files produced by "configure" as well
  distclean    revert distribution to the original status

 THIRD-PARTIES PACKAGES are not supperted in this beta release

EPW and wannier90 are not included in this beta.

I will ament the QE-FORGE message with an explicit list.

Cheers

--
Filippo SPIGA ~ Quantum ESPRESSO Foundation ~ http://www.quantum-espresso.org