[Pw_forum] "q mesh breaks symmetry" error even with q mesh being the same as k mesh

stefano de gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Tue Aug 9 12:53:36 CEST 2016

it does not look so much longer than the other to me ...
Anyhow the point is that a grid in order to respect the symmetry must
transform into itself under symmetry operations and yours does not
satisfy this condition for reflexion x -> -x, z -> -z and rotations of
pi around z ...

unless nk1=nk3

for the fft grid ... I would try to keep nr1=nr3 for the same reason.
actually my suggestion was based on a real-space argument but I'm pretty
sure it is valid in reciprocal space too.

stefano