[Pw_forum] Problem regarding transition from indirect to direct bandgap for P doped Si

Mohammad Abu Raihan Miah mraihanm at eng.ucsd.edu
Mon Aug 1 22:45:14 CEST 2016

Hi Stefano,

When I simulated for 54 atom Silicon and also for B doped Silicon(53+1),
indirect bandgap was found. Though in the result, the conduction band
minima is not in the correct position (i.e. not in 0.85 X, approximately in
0.65X).

For the simulation of 2 atoms, indirect bandgap is also found. The result
is correct (i.e. CBM is at 0.85X)

As underestimation of the bandgap value is well-known problem, it is also
found in both cases. But we are more interested in direct bandgap issue now.

Any suggestion regarding this will be a great help for me.

Thank you very much.