[Pw_forum] Many calculations with the same temporary directory

Francesco Pelizza francesco.pelizza at strath.ac.uk
Wed Apr 27 18:17:13 CEST 2016

Hi Dear,

I have a silly question that I would really like to be sure about. sorry
for that!

Doing several dependent or NOT dependent to each otehr calculations,
such as for example many: vc-relax, relax or scf, and running them with
the same temporary directory without clearing the temporary folder at
each calculation end:

Can make problems and contaminate results of different calculations?

I made many tests, it never seemed to me simulations contaminates each
others, since everyone creates their own temporary files, but I ask you
that anyway to be extra sure that there are no cases where independent
or dependent calculations can cross contaminate their results if sharing
the same temporary folder.

Keeping the same temporary folder for many calculations makes any real
problem to results?

Thank you very much in advance

Francesco Pelizza
University of Strathclyde